13 July 2005

 

3: Coheed and Cambria, Jack's Mannequin, The Shins/Iron and Wine

Coheed and Cambria is one of the best bands on the planet. Many people would disagree with me on that, but in my opinion the level of creative genius, musicality, and sheer rockingness of CoCa makes them a band not to be missed.

Their new album is due out in late September, and I am ridiculously excited. The first single is available now. Download it here, or visit the band's website (which contains the song) here.

Lately AbsolutePunk has been paying a lot of attention to Jack's Mannequin, so I had to give it a shot. I am, in a word, impressed. Featuring the lead singer from Something Corporate with a similar sound, this stuff is amazing.

Check out Jack's Mannequin at their site (with two amazing streamable tracks), and check this out as well... I'd discuss it, but it's better left where it is.

I hate to admit it, but I don't really like The Shins that much. My life was, sadly, unchanged by Natalie Portman's music in Garden State. I do, however, love Iron and Wine. It reminds me of someone for reasons that are exceedingly random, but I think you'll like the music without that particular incentive.

So, when it comes to The Shins (okay) plus Iron and Wine (wonderful), I'm game... and it pays. Together they've created a new version of "New Slang" (a good song to begin with) that is sublime. Check it out on iTunes (sorry, not currently free.)

Comments:
You should be doing this as a career. You are great at it. Concise, intriguing, inspiring, accurate and opinionated within your charismatic character. You should be paid. Call Rollingstone or some such mag and tell them that you are on the scene. And why are you single, with taste and talent such as you have?
 
why are you single, miss penny? i suspect that the answers are quite similar. introspection before inquisitiveness, always...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?