29 July 2005

 

5: Houston Calls, Defining Moment, Mourning Maxwell

Once again bolstered by absolutepunk.com, Houston Calls is some really great alternative with strong melodies over energetic if simple guitar work.

Check out Houston Calls on purevolume.com and download two tracks for free.

While I was attending Warped Tour, the guys from Defining Moment were kind enough to provide me with their demo at reduced cost. Looking back, I would have paid a lot more for these six songs. They have dominated every playlist I make, and I can't wait for more from Defining Moment.

Definitely check these guys out. Unfortunately, they're currently only offering three streamable tracks through purevolume, but it's worth the trip.

Also while attending Warped Tour, I was reminded of a band I had listened to but had forgotten about of late. Mourning Maxwell was also kind enough to provide not one, but two demos for us, and they have been getting a pretty heavy rotation on my playlist. I especially like the acoustic cuts included with one of the two EPs.

Check out Mourning Maxwell on purevolume, where you can get 3 songs for free.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?